The Civil Service Commission has released the finalists of the 2013 Government Choral Competition. The following choral groups will compete on the grand finals on September 18, 2013 at the UP Theater Diliman:
1. National Power Chorale (National Power Corporation)
2. Bangko Sentral Singers (Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas)
3. DSWD Chorale (Department of Social Welfare and Development)
4. City Choir of San Fernando Pampangan (LGU-City of San Fernando, Pampanga)
5. Naga City Hall Chorale (City Government of Naga)
6. Coro de la Laguna (Provincial Government of Laguna)
7. South Cotabato Division Teacher’s Chorale (DepEd South Cotabato Division)
8. Ozamiz LGU Choristers (LGU-City of Ozamiz)
The eight finalists were selected from 18 entries during a screening held last August 7, 2013.
Now on its third run, the Government Choral Competition or GCC attracts the best government choral groups nationwide to vie for the championship. The grand finals is a full-blown production featuring special guests and performances, and the competition numbers of each choral. An enjoyable and inspiring event, the GCC not only showcases the many talents of civil servants, but also celebrates good values and public service excellence though culture and the arts. This year’s GCC is held in partnership with the National Commission for Culture and the Arts and the Philippine Choral Directors Association.
For more information, contact the CSC Regional Office No. 4 at 02-9271830, 02-9209987 and 02-9264450 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.